Forums » News and Announcements

was a loss. But it was also a learn

• November 26, 2019 1:06 AM EST

Here is a zoomed in picture of the 8-year old Cobain:There are also pictures of a 12-year old Cobain (far right, back row) from the “1979 Montesanto Little League” according to the Robert Edward Auctions site. Yency Almonte Jersey .These are Cobains statistics: he had 13 hits (twelve singles and a double) in 40 at-bats with a .333 batting average. He had 7 RBIs, no home runs and only 1 error. Pretty impressive!Here is another picture of a 12-year-old Cobain on his team, the Elks, which is on display at the Hard Rock Café at Universal CityWalk in Hollywood:Lastly, here is a picture of Cobain from his junior high school wrestling team:Cobain also came up in an interview that Kenny Mayne conducted with with Pearl Jams Jeff Ament, a noted hoopshead like the rest of his band that was formerly named "Mookie Blaylock" in tribute to the former Atlanta Hawk, in ESPN The Magazine. Here is an excerpt from the interview where Cobain is mentioned: Mayne: What was the move to the music world like? Ament: There was a period, after I moved [to Seattle], when I had to hide the fact that I played ball from the punk-rock guys. Mayne: It wasnt cool to be athletically inclined? Ament: No. Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love talked trash about the fact that I hooped. I once stopped to say hi before a show, and as I walked away, Courtney yelled, "Go play basketball with Dave Grohl!" The final piece of the Cobain sports equation is this hysterical letter sent to Nirvanas former label, Sub Pop Records, from a homecoming candidate at Virginia Tech asking for Nirvana to record a video message for the Virginia Tech Hokies that the label posted on their tumblr site.Uh, good luck with that, guys.Recently, Sachs Media posted age-progressed portraits of several music legends who left us too early. Here is the one that they did of a 46-year old Cobain, if he were still with us today:>Here is a great video of from Chicago-based show called The Sports Writers from 1994 relating Cobains death to the world of sports. Note the incredible amount of cigarette smoking:Rest in peace, Kurt. Jeff Hoffman Jersey . PAUL, Minn. James Pazos Jersey . It was a loss. But it was also a learning experience. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson had 24 points each to lift Brooklyn to a 94-87 win over the Raptors, making their first playoff appearance since 08. "I thought we played a little bit as expected as it is our first playoff game," Toronto coach Dwane Casey said.CARSON, Calif. - Erick Torres scored his 10th goal of the season on a stunning volley, and Chivas USA edged 10-man Real Salt Lake 1-0 on Saturday night. Torres one-touch finish to the upper near post, off a long cross by Tony Lochhead, came in the 35th minute. Lochhead stole the ball near midfield, took two dribbles, lobbed a pass to the inside of the penalty area and Torres timed it perfectly to put it past goalkeeper Cole Grossman. Chivaas USA (3-7-5) ended a four-game winless streak and recorded its first shutout of the season. Darren Holmes Jersey. Real Salt Lakes Luke Mulholland was given a red card in the ninth minute for a studs-up tackle of Martin Rivero. RSL (6-3-7) was already without central midfielder Kyle Beckerman and goalkeeper Nick Rimando, who are playing in the World Cup for the U.S. The loss extended Real Salt Lakes winless streak to five matches. ' ' '