Forums » News and Announcements

Stages of surrogacy

• 36 posts
    September 3, 2023 8:52 AM EDT

Hello all, I've been scouring the internet for days on end to understand the different stages of surrogacy, but I'm left more confused than before. I'm particularly interested in what the journey looks like when one engages a surrogacy agency. How do they match a couple with a surrogate? What's involved in the medical phase? What are the roles of legal contracts and how do they come into play at various stages? A comprehensive overview would be really enlightening right now.

• 32 posts
    September 3, 2023 8:53 AM EDT

Ahoy, intrepid future parent! Let's navigate these choppy surrogacy waters, shall we? First up, agencies have databases of vetted surrogates for you to choose from. These women have been screened for medical, psychological, and legal soundness. Once a match is made, you embark on the 'Medical Odyssey,' consisting of IVF cycles, embryo transfer, and ongoing medical checks. Now, don't forget the 'Legal Labyrinth.' Contracts get drawn up to specify the rights, responsibilities, and expectations for all parties. These contracts kick in at various stages, from before the IVF treatment to after the baby is born. Clear as mud?

• 36 posts
    September 3, 2023 8:54 AM EDT

Hey, thanks for breaking it down, makes it more navigable indeed. One thing I'm curious about though, what happens post-birth? I mean, how does the agency facilitate the transition of the newborn to us, and what legal steps are taken to ensure the baby is legally ours?

• 32 posts
    September 3, 2023 8:55 AM EDT

Ah, you've hit upon the 'Final Frontier'—the transition post-birth. Once your little bundle of joy arrives, agencies assist with hospital discharge procedures and legal parental recognition. They help in getting your names on the birth certificate, thereby affirming your legal parenthood. Some even offer a 'newborn care package' with essentials for the first few days. For a guided tour of all these surrogacy steps, you really should check out International Surrogacy - How It Works. This platform not only helps you find a suitable surrogate but also takes you through all the legal document preparations needed. They've laid out an end-to-end roadmap for the journey from hopeful would-be parents to joyous actual parents. Trust me, it's a resource worth its weight in gold.