Forums » News and Announcements

Brendan Rodgers is keen

• March 16, 2020 2:10 AM EDT

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. Tyrone Hughes Jersey . -- Deondre Francois threw for three touchdowns and Dalvin Cook ran for two more as No. 3 Florida State cruised to a 52-8 victory over depleted Charleston Southern on Saturday.Florida State (2-0) led 28-0 at the end of the first quarter as it scored on the first three drives and had a Bobo Wilson 89-yard punt return for a touchdown.Francois completed 10 of his first 12 passes, including two for touchdowns to Travis Rudolph.Francois, a redshirt freshman, was 25 of 32 for 262 yards and an interception. Rudolph, who was thrown to nine times, finished with seven receptions for 105 yards. It was the third 100-yard receiving game in the juniors career.Cook had 83 yards on 11 carries, including a 37-yard touchdown in the third quarter that extended FSUs lead to 42-8.Charleston Southern, the seventh-ranked team in the Football Championship Subdivision, was without 14 players who were serving a one-game suspension for violating NCAA rules by using financial aid meant for books to purchase other items. The suspensions featured 10 starters including its top two running backs, four offensive linemen and both safeties.The Buccaneers (1-2) got on the scoreboard late in the second quarter on a 57-yard pass from Robert Mitchell to Kameron Brown. Mitchell, who was the fourth-string quarterback as recently as last week, took over from London Johnson during the first quarter and was 7 of 20 for 142 yards. Charleston Southerns first two quarterbacks were injured last week against Kentucky State.THE TAKEAWAYCHARLESTON SOUTHERN: It is difficult enough for an FCS team to compete with a top 25 program with an intact roster, but without nearly half of their starters, the Buccaneers at least can say they averted a shutout.FLORIDA STATE: Playing their second game in six days, the Seminoles were able to get out of the game without any major injuries, along with getting some younger players extended playing time in the second half.POLL IMPLICATIONSFlorida State was only three points behind Clemson for second in last weeks poll . With the Tigers struggling against Troy State on Saturday, the voters might decide to move the Seminoles up a spot when the latest rankings are released on Monday.UP NEXTCHARLESTON SOUTHERN: The Buccaneers, who were the preseason pick to win the Big South, open conference play on Sept. 24 at Monmouth.FLORIDA STATE: A tough road test against No. 13 Louisville, which had 845 yards of total offense in its 62-28 win at Syracuse on Friday.---Online: AP College Football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Joe Reedy on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/joereedy Stan Brock Jersey .ca! Hi Kerry, Heres an interesting one. I know its common knowledge that all players are responsible for their sticks. We witnessed that when Zack Kassian hit Edmontons Sam Gagner in the face after a missed check. Trey Hendrickson Jersey .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. http://www.customsaintsjersey.com/custom-shy-tuttle-jersey-large-2452e.html . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status.Charlie Mulgrew says he is yet to be offered a new contract at Celtic, but has told Sky Sports News HQ that manager Brendan Rodgers wants him to stay. The Scotland defenders current contract with Celtic expires in the summer and he has been linked with a move to the Premier League, with Bournemouth reportedly interested. Mulgrew confirmed talks over a new deal were ongoing and that he was hopeful of being offered a contract at some point next week after speaking to Rodgers about his plans for the Scottish Premiership champions. Brendan Rodgers is keen to keep Mulgrew at Celtic We are in discussions at the moment, so hopefully we can come to some agreement and well just see what happens, the 30-year-old told Sky Sports News HQ following Scotlands 3-0 friendly defeat to France on Saturday night. I have spoken to the new managger, his plans for the club are great and I think its exciting times ahead for Celtic. Jonathan Vilma Jersey. I hope I can be involved in that. I think there are a few big years coming up and I want to be involved in it and be involved in the club going forward. Mulgrew only made 20 appearances for Celtic last season because of injury I am happy but the longer it goes on, you start to wonder whether its going to happen. I want to stay, Ive spoken to the manager and he wants me to stay. Thats important for me, you want to feel wanted and hopefully we can come to some kind of agreement. Also See: Davies ready for Celtic test Fletcher unsure over future Rodgers reveals Brown talks Celtic begin backroom changes ' ' '