Forums » News and Announcements

"The numbers just sounded right,"

• September 8, 2019 10:33 PM EDT

KOENIGSSEE, Germany - Canadians Justin Kripps and Bryan Barnett captured a bronze medal Saturday in a mens World Cup bobsled event. Discount Vapormax .It was their second career World Cup medal, with both coming on the Konigssee track.I had good start times and good runs so everything came together, said Kripps. I love Konigssee.I like the flow of the track. There is a great atmosphere here with a lot of fans. The music is playing and the track just fits my driving style.Switzerlands Beat Hefti and Alex Baumann claimed their second win of the season, finishing 0.52 seconds ahead of Germanys Nico Walther and Marko Huebenbecke.Kripps, of Summerland, B.C., and Barnett, of Edmonton, finished 1.03 back.Kripps and Barnett captured gold here last year, just weeks before the 2014 Olympic Winter Games.I feel confident on all the tracks we race, but I just have a good feeling here, said Kripps. I am able to blast out of those S curves with lots of speed and you need to do that to be successful here.It is a relatively short track so if you drive those S curves well you can be good here. I just seem to have good rhythm and carry my speed to the bottom.Calgarys Chris Spring and Alexander Kopacz, of London, Ont., were 12th at 1:43.16.Earlier, Dave Greszczyszyn of Brampton, Ont., was 16th in the mens skeleton race, posting a time of 1:44.35.Russias Alexander Tretiakov claimed the gold medal in 1:42.98. Latvias Martins Dukurs was second in 1:43.15 while American Matthew Antoine was third in 1:43.29.Barrett Martineau and Evan Neufeldt, both of Calgary, were 18th and 19th respectively. White Vapormax Cheap . Or at least on everyone elses expectations. Costa Rica followed up its surprise win over Uruguay with another World Cup stunner on Friday, beating four-time champion Italy 1-0 to secure a spot in the next round and eliminate England in the process. Nike Vapormax Flyknit Wholesale . -- Sami Salo joked that as the shootout went on and on, one thing went through his mind: "Youve got to tie up your skates.PHILADELPHIA -- Keeping key parts of their offence together for a long time is clearly a priority for the Philadelphia Eagles. The NFC East champions agreed to a five-year contract with wide receiver Riley Cooper and a seven-year deal with centre Jason Kelce on Thursday. They gave All-Pro left tackle Jason Peters a new five-year deal a day earlier. "Its a great reflection of ownership, a credit to Jeffrey Lurie for the flexibility to do what we need to be successful," general manager Howie Roseman said. Cooper wouldve become a free agent next month after a breakout season in which he set career highs in receptions (47), yards receiving (835) and touchdowns (eight). His deal is worth $25 million over five years with about $10 million guaranteed, according to a person familiar with the contract who spoke on condition of anonymity because terms werent announced. "Riley is one of the toughest and hardest-working guys in our locker room," coach Chip Kelly said. "We talk a lot about how players have to make the most of their opportunities, and he did just that last year. He used his size, strength and speed to make a lot of big plays for our team and Im excited to watch him build upon his success." Cooper has come a long way since leaving the Eagles for three days during training camp after using a racial slur. "I didnt test free agency because I wanted to be here," he said. "I wanted to be in Philly from the get-go." Kelce was signed through 2016, and the new deeal adds four years to his contract. Cheap Nike Vapormax Black. Overall, its worth $37.5 million with $13 million guaranteed, according to the person familiar with the deals. "The numbers just sounded right," Kelce said. Kelce was part of an offensive line that helped the Eagles lead the NFL in rushing while setting a franchise record for points (442). "Jason is the epitome of the type of player we want around here, both on and off the field," Kelly said. "Hes tough, extremely intelligent and is a leader by his actions and by his words. His athleticism is something that really sticks out when you watch him play. There arent many centres that can get down the field like he does." Roseman said the signings wont affect the teams draft plans. The Eagles shifted their focus from drafting for needs to drafting the best players available on the board a couple years ago. The results have been successful picks. "A lot has changed since 2011, starting with team philosophy," Roseman said. "Im proud of the process weve developed to set ourselves up to contend." The Eagles were 10-6 and won the NFC East title in Kellys first season as coach after going 4-12 in 2012. Cooper blossomed in his first season as a starter after Jeremy Maclin went down for the season with a knee injury in camp. Maclin, a former first-round pick, is scheduled to be a free agent, but the Eagles are hoping to bring him back. "He fits into our chemistry and what were trying to do," Roseman said. ' ' '