Forums » News and Announcements

Ferro Concepts Armor and Compatibility list.

• 2833 posts
    December 12, 2022 2:02 AM EST

Ferro Concepts Armor and Compatibility list.
    Having a plate carrier that’s comfortable and performs across a multitude of situations is an awesome thing to have. However, we have to face the reality that at a base level, your plate carrier is only as good as the plates you put inside of it. Having the slickest, fastest gear on the planet won’t matter if you’ve been properly ventilated by some 7.62x39.To get more news about Bulletproof Zone, you can visit bulletproofboxs.com official website.

When we decided to start carrying plates, the decision wasn’t only about finding some that fit our carriers perfectly. It quickly became apparent to us that we needed plates that were as light as possible while still offering the ballistic protection that the modern-day fighter demands.

With that said, we won’t go try and sell you each individual plate. We’ll let the stats speak for themselves as really it’s up to you to decide which level of protection you need.

Note: I’ve been given the “directive” of “improving the customer experience.” Whatever that means. Personally, I think all customers should be mandated to give us an extra $100 with every purchase as tribute. Regardless, part of my “directive” is giving customers more info. Here’s a list of plates we’ve noted that are compatible with our plate carriers. Click here to skip my awesome sales pitch and head right to the list.

DURITIUM PLATES

Duritium. That’s a fancy word. To make it quick, we can sum it up as these plates are super lightweight. Our Level III+ is only a mere 2.7 lbs and the Level IV is at 4.5 lbs. These are easily some of the lightest plates on the market at their level of protection and it’s a big part of the reason why we offer them. If you wear plates all day for work, you know that lightening your load-out everywhere you can is a big benefit.
    This is NOT a list of what we suggest or a list of plates you should buy. This is only for reference of fitment. Please research the plates you're looking in to and make sure they are tested or certified to a high standard. Additionally this list is crowdsourced.

Not all sizes are mentioned but we have made this list using the following sizes: SAPI medium, ESAPI medium, 10”x12”. When buying plates for our carriers the “FULL CUT” option will not work. You need either SAPI, ESAPI, SWIMMER, SHOOTER CUT.

There are SO many companies making armor and calling them 10”x12” but when you go measure the plate itself it is sometimes 10x12 and other times it is as far as plus or minus 1” out in dimensions! Yet they still call it a 10x12. Can ya’ll believe that! But what can you do? You can know what our plate carriers fit!